Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last


James Last [1929]

I'm not sure I ever blogged this German guy, probably too embarrasing. Like Dutch band leader André Rieu (and some others) this goes as the lower-of-lowest in musical taste in this part of the world.

I think this type-of-music is underestimated. The music sounds very professional and perfectly OK - nothing wrong with that. You just love/hate this stuff for some other reason. My old folks loved this music and James is pretty culty now in Australia, so who am I to disagree.

James Last did his farewell concert in the Netherlands a few months ago. You can find a lot of James's albums on Grumpy's Corner.

Here are just some of my favorite tracks;
- Tico Tico
- Adios Muchachos
- Tulips from Amsterdam

Remember me for blogging André sometime, he's even better than James.

Enjoy

No comments: