Friday, November 27, 2009

Dance



I smell a connection between Turkish belly-dance and Spanish Flamenco. No it’s not that far apart. Take a look at this 2009 dance of Didem . I am a fan of hot music dance. Didem is a top belly-dancer from Turkey and a good reason why Turkey should join the EU.

I blogged this theme before; like jazz, belly-dancing has many roots and styles around the Mediterranean Sea [club med] that are not easily understood by our northerners. I think it’s just plain sexy.

Flamenco is a sing & dance style (many styles) from the South of Spain with definitely Moorish influences. I was not surprised there was a connection with belly-dancing. Spanish Flamenco also brought us many famous guitar players. Take a look at this impressive guitar clip with Paco Lucia .

Enjoy

No comments: