Saturday, November 8, 2008

Brussels


Herman Brusselmans [1957]

When you Google or Wiki for Belgian Writers, you never-no-way find this guy. I had to ping his name among my iPals, because I forgot.

He is a smoking, drinking 50+ long-haired ex-hippy look-a-like with some hardening of the arteries; almost my role model. He is often on Dutch TV and has a cool/great sense of humor. He's no fake, I just love this guy.

He lives in the Flemish town of Ghent, one of the greatest places you must visit when you are around.

- Here is a crazy clip [in DUTCH] from Stijntje88; thank you Stijntje.
- The Brussels song [in FRENCH] from Jaques Brel is iconic.
- And I must mention Toots Thielemans; the grand/great jazz/harmonica player from Belgium. Here is the love song of Quincy Jones from "The Getaway" movie.

Enjoy

No comments: