Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wild


The Wild Women of Wongo, 1958

Some people just make fun about this movie and rating it less than 2 out of 10. Other people (including me) are just trembling with awe on the sheer sight of such utter incredible stuff. I hereby solomny swear that this movie is campy & culty (at least the temple dance scene should be) and I rate it about 1+ just to get it higher/deeper in the Bottom-100 movie list.

I had this movie on my harddisk a few years ago but I deleted it in a cleaning action - oh my gawd, how I regretted that.

The story is about a tropical island in the stone age (it was actually shot in Florida). Men (in Goonah) and women (in Wongo) are living in seperate tribes and in seperate corners of the island. One day (oh, happy day) the tribes meet and some well known chemistry is developing in the rest of movie.

The many silly quotes are a major part of the movie;
- "It's a man, it must be"
- "He's fun, I think I'll keep him"

This 1958 film was the only one produced and directed by James Wolcott and the only film written by Cedric Rutherford. And only one cast member ever got to another film.

some critic wrote;
"This film is ten sub-basements below stupid and senseless. In fact, only one cast member ever made another film. How they convinced a studio to shoot this film must be a story for the ages. Clearly some sort of incriminating photos of somebody important at the studio with a garden gnome in a latex outfit and three midgets smeared with jam jelly must have fallen into the wrong hands for this to get greenlighted."

Of course there is no nudity or explicit sex in this 1958 movie, but a lot of crazy Tarzan & Jane look-a-likes are running around. I think it is ripping fun - with some grass.

We must thank the United States Archives and Hartmut for providing the link to this 740 MB. movie in .mp4 format.

Enjoy

No comments: