Saturday, May 16, 2009

Katie


Katie Melua (1984) has Georgian roots

I'm not sure how to rate this her 2009 album. It's a poppy and bluesy mix. Her Georgian (translated, 3rd track) song is special. 'My Aphrodesiac Is You' is rockin' Katie again, but more of the same. 'Mary Pickford' is cute but done before. 'Ghost Town' sounds like slow-ska (and that is sexy music). Maybe you should listen all the tracks (a few times).

I give it a 7 for the music and a 9 for her looks.
[yes, I was poked again by my nephew].

Her Live at the O2 Arena (2009) comes in two parts.
1. Piece By Piece
2. Lilac Wine
3. Kviteli Potlebi (Yellow Leaves)
4. My Aphrodisiac Is You
5. Crawling Up A Hill
6. Mary Pickford
7. Blues In The Night
8. If You Were A Sailboat
9. Ghost Town
10. Perfect Circle
11. Spiders Web
12. Toy Collection
13. Scary Films
14. Mockingbird Song
15. The Closest Thing To Crazy
16. Nine Million Bicycles
17. On The Road Again
18. Kosmic Blues
19. I Cried For You

Enjoy

No comments: