Sunday, October 19, 2008

Parade


North Korean military parade

I must have blogged this item some time before because it just grabbed me by the balls. And [coincidence?] I just read in my newspaper that the North-Koreans are the best in the world with China on a solid second place.

You can look at it from a geo-polical point of view, but here I'm asking your attention for the plain arty dimension of these performances. No need to say that these efforts have something to do with patriotic pride, that these countries obviously seem to need.

- This is the 9:00 min. military parade for the 70th anniversary of the North Korean army [from the tube]

- And here is a 9:00 minute Chinese military celebration [from the tube]

Both clips are of course state-directed official propaganda, but no country never comes near this hypnotizing level of perfection.

Enjoy

No comments: