Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Club Med



This is a new project. I will post a Mediterranean music tour. I had already had some stuff on my HD and now I found some more. It is generally called 'world-music' and this strange music sometimes just grabs you right by the balls / tits. I try to restrict myself to the surroundings of the Mediterranean Sea to keep it a manageable project; and it includes some of my belly dance favorites ... ;-)

You have to Wiki, Google and find additional information for yourself, because it's all pretty exotic stuff (they are world famous in their village). Here are just a few songs to let you know what to expect;

[1] This is the 20MB./8:00min. live Gajda song from the Macedonian Kocani Orkestar. The hottest parts are in the end.
[2] This is the polyphonic song Fiaccule_Di_Speranza from the I Muvrini band from the isle of Corsica. I blogged them before but most links are dead.
[3] Belo Platno is from South Serbia and makes some great folk music. Here is their Gugu Tino song.

Enjoy

No comments: