Sunday, December 30, 2012

Film Festival 3

Demi Moore in G.I.Jane .. Permission to dress .. Sir.

Intro

The nice things about the days around X-mess and New-Year. You can get a drink and watch some good, bad, ugly, sad, silly and crazy movies. Only staight stories, not very intellectual. A mix of shit and shoehine. My third mini film-festival.

City Heat

Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds are a love-hate detective team. Saving a girl in distress. A kind of prequel to Dirty Harry. The dialogs are amazingly funny.

G.I. Jane

Demi Moore is invited to become the first female Navy Seal. First she is lured into a political scheme. Then she takes her fate into her own hands. The director knows what an 'arc' is - when she shaves her head, she gets nasty.

Air Force One

Harrison Ford (president) and Glenn Close (vice-president) are struggling to stay in control of the USA. Ford (a Vietnam veteran) single handed kicks out Gary Oldman from Air Force One. Gary is always casted as the bad guy. He is my top-3 with Lee Van Cleef and (forgot his name). A real cliffhanger. "Get Of My Plane" deserves a famous movie quote.

Taking of Pelham 123

John Travolta (bad guy) and Denzel Washington (good guy) in a psychothriller. A New York underground is kidnapped. Killing a hostage every minute. I never used the FF knob.

Who should I pick

I guess you have seen some of my favorites. This is just a caleidoscope.

= = = End of Post = = =

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this blog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll
check back later on and see if the problem still exists.



Have a look at my web-site: queen mattress sale