Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Holy


you need a lot of people for the Missa Solemnis

The silly weekend is over, now for some serious stuff. I had this blog in mind, but then I remembered I did it before [the link is still active]. You definitely have to be in the correct state of mind to enjoy this one. Mozart and Verdi also made some of this stuff, maybe I will post them later.

Title: Missa Solemnis (Holy Mass) for four voices, choir, orchestra and organ, D-dur opus 123
Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven [1770-1827]
Soprano: Edda Moser
Alto: Hanna Schwarz
Tenor: Rene Kollo
Bass: Kurt Moll
Choir: Radio Chorus of NOS Hilversum
Orchestra: Concertgebouworkest Amsterdam (KCO, not royal then)
Director: Leonard 'West Side Story' Bernstein [1918-1990]
Date: March 1978

I. Kyrie (Assai sostenuto)
II. Gloria (Allegro vivace)
III. Credo (Allegro ma non troppo)
IV. Sanctus (Adagio)
V. Agnus Dei (Adagio)

Enjoy

No comments: