Sunday, November 18, 2012

Horses

Two girls and two horses on the beaches of Iceland. (c) m.c.j.puhl

I promised my brother-in-law to discuss a photo. This is one of his photo's. This is my first attempt. I weekly get a big special photo special in my newspaper with a story. Hans Aarsman is good at picking pictures and telling stories. He learned me a few things.

  • Take your time and describe what you see. He learned me to see.
  • Use your phantasy. A picture can tell a thousand words. Make up your own words.
  • Pay attention to the things you don't see. That's a part of the phantasy.

Many years ago I first rode on a horse. First and last time. Probqably. I was lured into it by this highschool girl, who I was silently in love with. (sorry, forgot her name). She was even more shy than I was. But when she rode her horse, there was a big smile on her face.

I had (have?) a medic-girlfriend in Germany (Darmstadt) with two daughters. They all rode horses. My sis and her twin-daughters rode horses. All for educational purposes, I guess. With the two chicks on the photo, I counted nine females on horses, and no male. That's strange. Or?

A few weeks ago we went to the Amsterdamse Manege. A lovely place for business-after-hours. They have more than 50 horses. All pretty lame animals. You can take lessons there. In the middle of Amsterdam, imagine. It was simmering in my mind for months, and then we just did the visit. Maybe, maybe, I will take a horse riding lesson.

Again, I saw a lot of girls riding horses. Well, that's a positive when you are concidering lessons at The Amsterdamse Manege. I can remember John Wayne and Ivanhoe. Horses were supposed to be very masculin. Not sure if it changed with Equis movie. Girls and horses is a special topic. I'm still wondering.

Silly phantasy. The photo shows exactly the opposite of the iconic nude women on white horses on a sub-tropic island. It was actually a chilly summerday on Iceland. With some imagination you can fill in the blanks.




= = = End of Post = = =


No comments: