Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Poems

Denkend aan Holland, zie ik rivieren door oneindig laagland stromen. Actually, these are German WW-II soldiers, trying to cross a Dutch River.

Intro

Eecept for this silly Percy Shelly stuff, here are some Dutch poems.

Cees

The 'Blauw-Bil-Gorgel' still is a famous poem in Dutch literature. If I had to translate that, it would be 'Blue-Butt-Gorgeous'. It's an experimental format from Cees Buddingh. He was once declared as the most boring Dutch poet by our 'elite' witers. Especially by hot-tempered Willem Frederik Hermans. Cees is super-cool. He's a favorite of mine. Just like Simon Carmiggelt and Godfried Bomans. Cees was from the city of Dordrecht. The last place where you want to live in the Netherlands.

There is a Goeman-Borgesius-Plantsoen in Dordrecht. How do I know that. Because I had a friend on my primary school. I forgot his name. We were both bullied. We had a connection. He relocated to Dordrecht. I got his adress. I never saw him again.

Johnny

Johnny van Doorn (aka Johnny the Selfkicker) was a poet-performer in the late 1960's. His 'Sun' poem is still underestimated.

Marsman

Thinking of Holland. Wonderful poem. Put on music by this undergraduate.


= = = End of Post = = =

No comments: