Monday, November 19, 2012

Beethoven

Pink girl on a black piano.

So beautiful. The triple concert from Ludwig van Beethoven. Not played anymore nowadays, because of the awkward casting. I have a vinyl version somewhere. How do you get three world-toppers together. This is a pretty unique full concert movie
- Yo Yo Ma (cello)
- Itzhak Perlman (violin)
- Daniel Barenboim (piano, director)

He is my role model. I'm a fan of Ludwig van Beethoven. He was German. Same age as Georg Wilhelm Friedriech Hegel. Also a semi-genius. A super-great German philosopher, but completely incomprehensible. Hegel gave me a good gut-feeling for the rest of my life. Deep thoughts and great overview. I even suspect Beethoven's 9th symphony was an ode to Hegel's 'Phänomenologie des Geistes'. Nonsence, it was the German Zeitgeist.

I'ts a real difference between van Beethoven and von Beethoven. The "von" depicts (in German) that he was from noble descent. He was definitely not. Young Beethoven was a fan of Napoleon. His 'Eroica' was dedicated to him. Later on he became disappointed with in Napoleon.

There's a movie around in the cloud ('Copying Beethoven') about a young girl that's copying his scribbles for a decent publication. Grumpy, lively, deaf, old man. That's the way I want to see Ludwig (I'm terminal romantic). In this scene she is conducting the conductor on his first performance of his last symphony. Mind you, he was stone-deaf at that time. So lovely.

Totally flabbergasted when I first heard this music. Not sure how it became The European Anthem.

Yue must be aware of my Beethoven kink by now. Here is a clip from Valentina Lisitsa Beethovens's Moonlight Serenade.


= = = End of Post = = =

No comments: