Monday, November 19, 2012

Julia

Julia Fischer.

No, this is no accident, all pictures are black-and-white in tone. That's the hallmark of this blog.

As a contrast with my previous blog, I want to introduce Julia Fisher. She is a great looking super-multi-talented woman, who plays the piano and the violin as wel with big orchestras. Here she's playing a piano-concerto of Grieg.

She also can pretty good play the violin. Multi-talented woman. Click here to see her play the Mendelssohn violin concerto.

I stated before on this blog, that classical music can be very sexy. I even suspect agents and producers to promote sexy women like Janine Jansen. She is a Dutch fiddler with raving critics, especially in the UK.

Now, that was typical Dutch. To downplay our greatest assets. The RCO (Royal Concertbuilding Orchestra) was once pronounced as The Best Orchestra In The Whole Wide World, even before the Wiener and Berliner crews. That's something to be proud of. But it got little attention here in the Netherlands. They have a long Mahler tradition with directors like van Beinum, Bernard Haitink, Ricardo Chally, and now Mariss Jansons.

Mariss can even make the Wiener sound great. He is a modest genius. That's what we like here in the Netherlands. No pompous Karajans or Haitink ego's. Brilliant Italian Ricardo Chailly did some great work with the RCO but he was definitely a cultural mismatch. I think Leonard Bernstein (RIP) would be a great director for the RCO. He also was a composer (West Side Story). As a director he was more pronounced than Mariss. I was just blown right out of my pants, when I saw Leonard Bernstein explaining Gustav Mahler to an audience of 12 yo kids.

I just got my ticket for the Concertgebouw. December 19th. Balcony, best seat, 125,= Euro. Concert of the RCO with Mariss Jansons. Third symphony of Mendelssohn. Best combination in the whole wide world.
"Remember, to shave your armpits and dress classy for this event, and don't forget some clean underwear".

The last time I visited the Concert Building was with my highschool class. About 40 years ago. They played an Opera from Mozart. I couldn't understand a word of it, but it was very impressive. Some daring highschool teachers still have a warm place in my hart.

Drifting away agian. Back to Julia. In these clips she plays the piano with The Junge Deutsche Philharmonie, (Young German Philharmonic), conductor is Matthias Pintscher. Enjoy.


= = = End of Post = = =

No comments: